Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Big Boys and Banana Bread

This sweet darlin' grew up way too fast.....




He has been studying all summer for his Med School Step 1. Yeesh.....

He studies, I pray.  
He studies, I text encouraging quotes like  Winston Churchill's "If you're going through hell, keep going."   Dory's "Just keep swimming." St Paul's "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me." and, of course, my original "I love you and am so proud of you. Hang in there."
He has one week left before he takes the test.... so I am pulling out the big gun now: 


This Banana Bread is foolproof... try it...you will see.

 beat together:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
add and beat until combined:
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 
combine separately and then add, beating until combined:
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
add:
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
1 12 oz bag chocolate chips (optional)
Spoon into two buttered and floured 8x4 inch loaf pans
Bake at 350F for one hour


I sent these to Nashville today, along with lots of prayers and good wishes.  Go T!!  So glad you are a child of mine.













2 comments:

  1. You are my hero! I'm going to make that banana bread with GF flour!!:)) kt

    ReplyDelete