Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

A Great Read


These two are always up for a good time...including walking through the woods when it is too windy on the beach.

I love listening to the wind blow through the trees...it reminds me that the Holy Spirit is always near.
I love listening to the waves pounding on the beach below. It reminds me that a force exists that is much more powerful than me.

  I really am grateful to be able to spend the summer in such a beautiful place....but today...I tuned that all out because I needed to finish "reading" a great book while I walked.
If you can, LISTEN to this book.  Reese Witherspoon rocks this read.
When I was young, I wanted to be Scout, and Atticus was my hero.
Remember this cover?
This is my favorite book of all time.
In "Go Set a Watchman", Harper Lee's secondary theme of a young woman (Scout) coming of age really hit close to home for me.   I have kids that are, as they should be, "coming of age", ...and it just might kill me.  But that is another post for another day....




1 comment: