Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Trust the Hazmat Suit

I left these two snoozing yesterday while I volunteered at the infusion clinic.  As I was delivering snacks and drinks, I noticed a new patient receiving chemo for the first time.  Her husband gave me the look that said, "Please come over here and help."  The nurse was explaining why she wears the "hazmat suit" (my words, not her's).  The patient, horrified, replied, "And you are putting that in my body?"  If you have had chemo, you remember feeling this way....I know I do.  I remember my doctor sitting next to me as I received my first dose and telling me that chemo is bad "stuff", but it works.


We all have times in our lives when we just have to trust....trust our family, trust our doctor, trust the medicine, trust our gut, and above all, trust God.  The sun will come out tomorrow.  Have faith.  Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment