Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Book Report

When I began this book, I was very skeptical.  It seemed like such a weird plot.  But I pressed on because it had been highly recommended, and Friends, I loved this book.  It is really about the wisdom of those who have lived a long life...their lessons learned that I am just starting to understand after a half a century of living. And it is about letting our experienced loved ones choose their own destiny because they know way more than we do.

I love Addie Moore:
"I made up my mind I'm not going to pay attention to what people think.  I've done that too long--all my life.  I'm not going to live that way anymore."

This book sure made me think about my own aging parents.... they still have so very much to give and I still have so very much to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment