Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Open Space Club


Friends, This weekend we drove down the peninsula to Traverse City to check out the open space at the TC Film Festival. 

What did we find? A breathtaking sunset over Traverse Bay and the "The Breakfast Club" on the big screen.  I had not seen this film since it came out in 1984, and had forgotten how deep it is (and the greatness of the soundtrack).  

I loved the way these high school students helped each other get through a long Saturday of detention...and much more.  


 Kind of takes you back, doesn't it?


As I watched these very young stars in their groovy 80's styles, I thought about some of the people who have stepped up and helped me in my life.  Every mom knows exactly what "Oh, she is a great friend---we had our babies together!" means.  If you're like me, those of you who have been faced with a seemingly insurmountable illness remember every friend who sent you a card, brought your family a meal,  or strolled around the block with you to get a little fresh air...  

It was refreshing to sit amongst a crowd of families and friends to watch a flick with a comforting message: 
no matter if you're a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess or a criminal, we are all good, and we all want to help. That's how I see it....and I am so grateful.











No comments:

Post a Comment