Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day Victory Lap

On Mother's Day we sped down the beautiful eight lane interstate from Louisville to Nashville to spend the day with our favorite newlyweds.
Our first stop was the Cheekwood Estate and their gorgeous gardens!  Next door is Belle Meade Plantation....another highly recommended stop, especially for Sunday brunch.
Next stop was Kay Bob's for a late lunch....the food was outstanding and the service was even better.  Friends, the chef gave me the recipe for his amazing chocolate  pie...Happy Mother's Day to me!

It was parents' weekend for the third years at Vandy's School of Medicine...so T gave us a tour.
This is the auditorium where T had his white coat ceremony, which I missed because of that vicious, life-saving chemo.  I had to give myself a mental shake, and tell myself to smile...to let go of what I missed and be thankful for what I have.  It was a victory, after all.
After mass, we dined in Historic Germantown...

...where this was hanging in the bathroom.  My first colonoscopy really did save my life.  And even though my body is now imperfectly missing some important parts, my Mother's Day was pretty darn perfect.  Thank You God.  Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment