Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Aloha

I am nursing a severe case of Hawai'ian jet lag....but it was so worth it!  Our fiftieth state is super friendly and beautiful.  Here are my must do's in this polynesian paradise:

On the big island....



Surf



Go to a Luau..


 ...and while you are there, learn to hula.

Go to the Four Seasons to see the Sea Turtles...
(I swear I did not see the sign telling us to stay 20 feet away until after I took this shot.)
... have a mai tai and watch the sun set.


See the volcanoes and the waterfalls from the air...
...then see the volcano from the ground at night.  (Maybe invest in a real camera to get a better shot.)  The stars are pretty amazing too!
Check another one off the list...
...while checking out the shoreline.

*****
On Maui:
Drive the Road to Hana

See the black beaches...



and the seven pools.

*****
On Lanai:


Scuba dive...ours was cancelled due to a southern swell...

...Plan B.


Hike the shoreline.
C will do anything for an instagram shot.

Friends, the long flights were hard, and traveling continues to be one of my biggest challenges.  But I fought hard to still be here, and I don't want to miss a thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment