Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Confessions of a Prayer Warrior



I wish I had told my kids how I prayed for them as they were growing up.  I am not quite sure why I kept it so quiet.

I want them to know that the rosary is not just for safe journeys on long car rides...that it is a daily habit for me, with an extra decade always added at the end for my children...and  when all else fails, the repetitive mantra that is the rosary can be quite comforting.
I wish I had told them that while I sat in this chair waiting for them to come home on  Saturday night, I was praying for their safety and for good decisions....
...and while I sat in the stands watching and cheering, I was also praying for safety and good sportsmanship.
Whether they were taking a big test, having surgery, or interviewing for their dream school, I was praying for grace.
I should tell them that this little book, with its binding long since worn away, has been my nightly companion for over 26 years...because how else will they know the comfort that can only come from prayer?



1 comment: