Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2017

NYC Scanxiety

Friends, Big T and I have been doing a little traveling over the last week.  First we went skiing in Colorado with the kids (more on that later) and then we headed to NYC for my yearly checkup.  We stayed here...it was nice, but I wouldn't pay for it again.  The room was European small.
Do I look a little freaked out?  I always tell myself to be grateful that I have access to such incredible healthcare.
I also  light a lot of candles at St Pat's.



 Then I dutifully drink the stuff...and pray.

Big T makes a herculean effort to distract me while we wait for those lab and scan results.

I love the American Museum of Natural History.  
Big T loves the MET....
The Lexington Candy Shop, near the MET, is an original, old-fashioned soda shop...voted the best milkshake in NYC... Big T was not convinced.  

I always want to eat at Gramercy Tavern, because I love the food and the flowers.  We ate at the bar this time, which has a slightly different menu...still divine...and C, the cookie plate is still amazing.

This was at the end of the bar....
This was behind us.  Gorgeous. 
C told us about this place....lunch was delish with impeccable service!  
Big T still rates Norma's number one for brunch...but my new fav is Sara Beth's.  Go, get the Eggs Benedict (or the lemon ricotta pancakes), thank me later.
If you want French food, and you didn't plan ahead to get into Daniel's, this place is pretty darn good.  The Tarte Tatin was perfection.
I actually lost weight on this trip....
The weather was beautiful for a "stroll" (read: jog) in Central Park....
We also checked out the High Line....a bit anticlimactic,  but the view of the Hudson River was lovely.  I am sure it is better in the summer when everything is blooming.
I stopped here for flowers....
...because what mother doesn't love flowers?  
I am so grateful to report that I had a clean CT Scan.  Three years is a critical point for colorectal patients. I am very grateful to have made it this far, and I pray to keep moving forward in faith.  Thank You, God!


No comments:

Post a Comment