Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Commencement 2017



   Four years ago, both of my boys graduated, on the same day, and I  missed a lot of it because I was in the middle of treatment.  This weekend, both of my boys graduated again, and this time, I was there.   Thank God for my sons, for their education, and for battles won.
We landed in Nashville on Thursday morning.  Our first stop was  Tootsie's for some great music and a few cocktails...

...followed by some unexpected awards for T.  (He would have put on a tie if he had realized he was actually winning stuff.)

Then on to Husk for a celebratory meal.  Excellent service....awesome menu...delicious food (get the chicken)...
...beautiful venue!
Friday morning T became an MD.  

After Vanderbilt's traditional strawberries and champagne, we headed to Edley's for some  of Nashville's finest BBQ, before heading to the airport.  We had a plane to catch...
for M's graduation on Saturday morning.  I think he actually looks like an economist.  Don't you?

We all celebrated at M's house with some Kansas BBQ.  (If you ever find yourself in Atchison, Kansas, check out Chuck and Hanks BBQ.  You won't be disappointed.)   M was really happy to have his Godmother (Sister #1) and his Grandmom there supporting him!

 Next stop was the River Club for more celebrating...more food...more toasts...more family togetherness....
Sunday was a beautiful Mother's Day....but more importantly, it was S's birthday.  I was so excited to be able to celebrate with my darling daughter-in-law. 
On Monday we squeezed in one more gastronomic  experience before saying good bye to T, S and C, and starting our new diet.  BRGR...best burger in KC....pretty darn good milkshakes too.

Friends, my cup runneth over....



1 comment: