Pages

Friday, May 5, 2017

Pray Before You Play

On May Day this week Big T and I were back at C and B's high school for the dedication and blessing of their outdoor grotto, which is a part of their new turf field and track complex.  The headmistress, in her wonderful welcoming speech, said, "We need to pray before we play."
That idea has really stuck with me this week, as I tried to remember to pray before I....spoke to C about her potential move across the country, or even before I merged onto the highway on my way to my favorite antique shop out in the country.  We all know about the sports team that yells "Our Lady of Victory, Pray for us" before they break from the huddle.  But most of us don't know about the renowned surgeon at Johns Hopkins that prayed over my best friend's breast tissue before he sent it to pathology.  Prayer is for the big things and the little things, and can be  a group cheer or a silent plea.  I think God is happy to hear them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment