Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Roadtrip!

Big T and I hit the road this weekend to watch B play volleyball at Indiana University.  Friends, ever since I saw "Breaking Away" back in high school, I have wanted to go to Bloomington....this was my chance.  Living in the Heart of America, Big T and I are experienced road trippers....here are few things we must have when we hit the wide open highway:
 Did you know that Fiji is the only water bottle that is BPA Free?

This is really for Big T, the driver, to help him stay alert... 

Soulwork keeps me busy while I am watching the beautiful USofA speed by my window.  I finished these Santa ornaments on this trip...Happy Saint Nicholas' Day!
Big T and I have some driving rituals.  We start out every road trip saying a rosary...then we listen to an audiobook. We both laugh out loud at Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Novels.  The incredibly talented Lorelei King reads this series--her performance is totally hilarious.
I found this new series at the library....not as funny as her Stephanie Plum Novels but still very entertaining.  
Indiana University is a beautiful campus.   I love that they still use their original field house!  I think it is so interesting to tour college campuses and see all the history alongside the new innovations.  We stayed at the Biddle Hotel located right in the student union (and directly across the street from the field house.)  It was very comfortable and convenient.

As always, Big T was in charge of our dining experience.  For lunch he chose Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream, because it was voted the best burger in Indiana.  Big T and B agree!
This smile was worth all those miles and more!




No comments:

Post a Comment