Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Two Years Clean


Two years ago today I had my first surgery at Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, where the last remaining cancer was removed (along with my rectum, part of my colon and my lymph nodes).  Big T, Sister number 1 and my parents were all there to help cheer me on ("bye bye cancer, see ya never") and nurse me back to health.  I am profoundly grateful to my family and friends for all they did to help me recover.
My very talented surgeon reported to Big T that the surgery went perfectly.  I was up and walking the hospital halls the next day.  I am also deeply thankful for all the wonderful doctors and nurses that took such incredible care of me.

Today is the Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe and I am especially grateful for her patronage two years ago today and every day.  Here is her shrine at St Patrick's Cathedral in New York in 2013.  Mary was a woman--of course she loves all those flowers.
The kids flew to New York after their final exams were finished, and we spent about two weeks there, while I recovered.
I love New York during the holidays....especially when I am cancer-free.  Thank You, God!!!


1 comment: