Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Heavy Load

I sent these flowers to Chicago for my friend Karen's birthday.   Karen carried most of my baggage on my cancer journey, and words ( and flowers ) are not enough to express my gratitude.  She drove me to the hospital when I had my port put in, then brought me home and tucked me into bed.  She arranged for someone (usually her) to take me to all my chemo and radiation appointments.  

She was with me for my last radiation visit and helped me ring the bell!  She scheduled people to bring our family dinner every night of my long treatment.  B stayed with her when Big T and I went to New York for my two surgeries.  That is a lot of luggage over a lot of miles.

She didn't hang back and wonder whether she would say or do the right thing.  She jumped in and did what needed to be done.  And when it was all over, she took me to her home in Florida to celebrate.   Cheers!  To Karen!! Thank you for traveling this road with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment