Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Soul Work

We have had our share of cold, icy, snowy days here in KC recently.  Friends, I think the snow is so beautiful, but the frigid temperatures...not so much.

I love listening to the wind and the snow when I am safely inside with the fire blazing and my knitting to keep me company.

One of my dearest friends  (who is right in the middle of this big storm on the east coast) made these darling gloves for me.  I treasure them, not just because they are gorgeous, but because she made them for me.  Every time I wear them I think of her and how blessed I am to have her in my life.
B took one look at those gloves and asked me to make them for her.  So I bought the pattern on Ravelry.com...turquoise is her favorite color.
These mittens are for C.  I love the lacy cuff! ( I got this pattern off Ravelry.com too.)  I hope my girls think of me when they wear my creations! These cold winter days are a great excuse to relax and start knitting.  There is something very meditative about the repetitive motion of the needles. And every time I knit, I send up a prayer of thanksgiving that I can feel my hands so well after all that chemo!  God is good.  Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment