Pages

Monday, September 26, 2016

Cheer for the Irish

Friends, I have spent a few September weekends at ND this year.   I was there  to cheer on the Irish, but my biggest cheer is for what you won't see on NBC--the Catholic character they have maintained while climbing the college ranks.

I love that they put the little log chapel on their 175 year banner.
I love to light a candle and kneel to say a prayer at the grotto.
I love the real bells that ring faithfully each day.
I love walking through this door...
...for mass 30 minutes after every home game.
I love attending these lectures before each game.
I love that they have preserved the view of touchdown Jesus with the addition around the stadium.
I do love an Irish victory, and the real victories are outside the stadium.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment