Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Good Enough

Thursday was an unusually calm afternoon....one of those rare days where the lake is so smooth, you can see all the way to the bottom, even in the very deep water.  Big T and I decided to take the kayaks out to look for rocks.  
All summer I have been on a quest to find the perfect petoskey stone for our new fireplace.  We have accumulated an impressive collection...but have not found the one.  The masons are ready to start...so I am running out of time.
We found a lot of beautiful granite, some very cool fossils, and a few petoskeys...but not the perfect one.  Big T has suggested we just buy one. I will not even consider it. I insist we must find the one.
As I was floating around looking at so much God-given beauty, feeling so grateful to be there with Big T,  I realized that the hunt is the best part...
..
...and that perfection is really overrated.  Good enough is a much better mantra for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment