Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2016

All I Want For Christmas....

Friends, Merry Christmas Eve!  I read this on one of my favorite blogs, Preppy Empty Nester.  I think it says it all:
*****
My children each year ask me the same question.  After thinking about it, I decided I'd give them my real answer.  What do I want for Christmas?  I want you.  I want you to keep coming around.  I want you to bring your friends around.  I want you to ask me questions, ask my advice, tell me your problems, ask for my opinion, ask for my help.  I want you to come over and rant about your problems, rant about your life, whatever.  Tell me about your job, your worries, your spouse, your kids, your fur babies.  I want you to continue sharing your life with me.  Come over and laugh with me,  or laugh at me.  I don't care.  Hearing you laugh is like music to me.

I spent the better part of my life raising you the best way I knew how, and I am not bragging, but I did a pretty darn good job.  Now give me time to sit back and admire my work.  I am pretty proud of it.

Raid my refrigerator, help yourself, I really don't mind.  In fact, I wouldn't want it any other way.

I want you to spend your money making a better life for you and your family.  I have the things I need.  I want you to be happy and healthy.

 When you ask me that I want for Christmas, I say "nothing" because you've already been giving me my gift all year. 

I WANT YOU!

-Anonymous


1 comment: