Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Winter Solace

Friends, I hope you all had a happy winter solstice!  Up on the peninsula we are ready for the days to start getting longer.

We are hunkered down in high hygge season...

 but B and I have ventured out for two of our favorite things:  books and tea.  
And I ventured out  again to see two of my favorite people.  We finished our Christmas shopping in the dark...and then shared a delicious meal at Georgina's in Traverse City.
I have known that beauty on the left my entire life...and that darling on the right since the first grade.   Who needs the sun when they are around?
The beach has its own special beauty in the winter.  The snow steps in to provide the brightness missing from the hidden sun.
And sooner or later we will get to see this....

No comments:

Post a Comment