Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

I've Been Walkin' These Streets So Long....

Over the last four years, I have learned about a couple really important days in the life of a med student.  The first was the white coat ceremony, which I missed courtesy of the big C.  The second was Match Day and  I was there to watch my boy open his letter.  Victory.  Thank you God.
My baby got his first choice...an orthopedic surgery residency at Vanderbilt.  We are all so thrilled and grateful...and man, was I happy to be there.  I would like to publicly thank the physicians of Vandy Med School for educating my son so well, and for letting him stay another five years to train. I would also like to publicly thank my physicians for curing me so I can be around to witness it all.  

We had a grand time in Nashville shopping (I love Reese Witherspoon's store!), looking for houses for T&S, and listening to some awesome musical talent.  We also had some tasty meals...
We had lunch here and it was outstanding.
Terrific food and lots of TV's to watch ND barely beat Princeton in March Madness.
The Southern Steak and Oyster-- delicious authentic southern fair with delightful authentic southern charm 
This is one of my favs.  Get BBQ.  Save room for the Southern Pie. Seriously amazing.

Go ahead.  Dig in.
Did you think B would go to Nashville and not go to Jeni's for ice-cream?

Congrats T and S!  The lights are shinin' on you!  



No comments:

Post a Comment