Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Book Report

I give this book a double thumbs up.  I loved the message and it is so beautifully written.  
Favorite quotes.....there are so so many:
"Harold could no longer pass a stranger without acknowledging the truth that everyone was the same, and also unique; and that this was the dilemma of being human."
***
"I miss her all the time.  I know in my head that she has gone.  The only difference is that I am getting used to the pain.  It's like discovering a great hole in the ground.  To begin with, you forget it's there and keep falling in.  After a while, it's still there, but you learn to walk round it."

I have not yet read this...same characters, different narrator.  Does anyone recommend it?
A friend of mine recommended this book to me.  I did not like it....but what do I know?  It was hugely popular in France.  I will never forget this quote:
"Just 'cause she is farting though silk doesn't mean she can shit on people who don't have any money."

Katherine Pancol has written two more books with the same characters....this one has been translated into English.

"The Squirrels of Central Park are Sad on Mondays"  has not yet been translated into English. Je peux attendre.


No comments:

Post a Comment