Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

C is for Clean!

Big T and I just returned from New York, where we had a lot of fun with C  and CLEAN scans, thank God.  
Our first stop was the shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  (The construction is finally finished in St Patrick's Cathedral...it is gorgeous.)
Big T and I lit candles as is our tradition.  I had so many loved ones praying during this time.  I could not have done it without you.  Friends, "thank you" does not come close to expressing my gratitude.
My nurse, Nancy, at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center has been with me since the beginning.  You know how you feel about your labor and delivery nurse?  Times that by ten.
Enough about being 2 years clean...on to the fun stuff.
My favorite breakfast spot in Midtown is always Norma's.  Her eggs benedict is out of this world.
This time, Big T's favorite was Sixty Five in the Rainbow Room.  (65 was Big T's college football number. ) The food was good, drinks were better, and the ambiance was  the best.  That elevator ride up is quite a trip too.

C's favorite eatery is always Laduree because macaroons are her life.  
Blue Water Grill in Union Square was her close second...great sushi, great live jazz, beautiful venue and the banana ice cream tower is incredible.  
I had to go to Purl Soho this trip.  I did a little damage in this store....but that is a post for another time.  You know I love my soul work.
Last night we saw Hamilton.  As expected, it was amazing.  Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius.  Do not miss this one.  My favorite character was King George.  He cracked me up every time he came on stage.
After Hamilton, we celebrated at the Rainbow Room.

Then we headed  back to the Waldorf Astoria to celebrate C with their famous red velvet cake. (It was as good as I remember from childhood when my mom convinced the waiter to give her the recipe.)  It was well past midnight by then and, as I do every year,   I had to recount C's delivery-- 23 years ago...almost to the minute. 
Happy Birthday C! 143!


No comments:

Post a Comment