Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Florida 2016 is Good

I had planned to visit my parents in Naples Florida in April of 2014.   I cancelled that trip because, even though my treatment was over, my body was not ready for travel.  It has taken a long, long time for me to recover, and I am not fully there yet.  But friends, I just spent 8 days down South...it was not perfect, but it was very very good.
 My parents have lived the last 25 winters golfing in the sun.  I love that C loves to be with them.  It's so good to see them so happy and healthy.
 C's best bud and her mom joined us for a few days.  What a delight! It is always good to meet new friends.
Sister 1 and 5 flew down to join us.  These two are all good all the time...and not bad at taking selfies either.
The next generation...C has some awesome cousins with way good sunglasses. 
This was my night to choose the restaurant. Bleu Provence is beyond good.  My absolute favorite in Old Naples.
After I dropped C off at the airport, these two where waiting for me in Siesta Key.  We have been friends for 25 years.  We had our babies together..need I say more?  So many good memories!
This is the view from my friend B's condo. B is a critical care nurse and fellow survivor.  When I was diagnosed, she made me promise to stay off the internet.  She told me every day during my treatment  that I would beat cancer.  Now she tells me every day that it won't come back.  As we watched the sun set over the Gulf, she reminded me again that life is good.

And, of course, the Sarasota restaurant report.  Columbia wins this trip.
  It is tough to beat superb Sangria, made table-side. The food is pretty darn good too.
These were waiting for me when I returned home. Sometimes it is good for Big T to miss me:)





No comments:

Post a Comment