Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Read it

I just finished...it is absolutely incredible.
My favorite quote:
"The woman in the photo is a girl, really.  A thin, solemnly smiling girl....This smile, this careful, cautious smile, is the one that reflected my truest self; especially back when I was so young as to be unformed; afraid of everything because nothing truly terrible had happened to me yet."


In the middle of listening to "The Aviator's Wife", I had to reread her book.  My favorite quote:
"One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach.  One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few."
This book spoke to me when I was a young mother, and it resonates even more to my more "experienced" self.
Actually, friends, this classic would be a great Mother's Day gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment