Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Survive


Over the last few years I have had a lot of cancer patients ask me for advice about how to survive treatment and how to survive cancer.  I don't know much...but here is what I do know for sure:
Stay as active as you can.  My trainer, who also happens to be a cancer survivor, has helped me get stronger and stronger.  I started working with her when I started chemo and have never stopped.  When I feel physically strong, I feel mentally strong too.
This guy was my secret to never missing a chemo treatment.  My oncologist recommended him for accupuncture twice a week throughout treatment to manage side effects.  I still go once a month for a tune up, because living without a rectum has its own challenges.  Enough said.

This great therapist taught me all about rational thought, and how thinking my cancer will return is not. rational. thought.  
Big T calls the above three the trifecta of cancer weapons.  
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York checks my Vitamin D level every three months.  It must be important, right? 
I spend some time every day with my creator.  This chapel is my usual spot...but it could be anywhere.  Friends, I should actually list this first instead of last, because it is the most important.  Especially during survivorship... Amen. Hallelujah!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your view and benefits of accupuncture you reaped. At Dr. Park Acupuncture we not only treat the symptoms, but also work with you to identify and treat the root cause of the symptoms.Acupuncture in Ellicott City

    ReplyDelete