Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

T + S

Friends, My oldest, T, and his beautiful bride are getting married next weekend.  Big T and I love love love our future daughter-in-law and feel very blessed to have her joining our family. T really out-kicked his coverage with this sweet girl.   We are all so excited for the wedding festivities to begin...and I am so excited for the planning to be finished....
Today I am in rehearsal dinner table assignment hell.  Seating 155 people with others they know and like has been much harder than it looks...it's like a giant tetra game.  Sister No.2  offered this piece of advice when I asked her who should sit where: "What I have learned today from asking around is don't ask around.  Everyone has a different opinion.  So do what you think is best." Ha!  I am just making this up as I go along. Once the party starts and the bar opens, everyone will be best friends anyway, right?  

As the MOTG, I have been told a "few" times  by my four beloved sisters that I am suppose to shut up and wear beige.  But when I stepped into Halls in Kansas City this Spring, I fell in love with this little black dress.

 I will match my boy in his tux...which will look good in the pictures, and I am all about the pictures.  Speaking of looking good for the pictures...the girls and I will be heading to the bride's house before the big event to have our makeup and hair done.  It is going to take a team of professionals to transform my mug into a photo ready face (which is why I wisely cropped it out of the above).  The pros requested that we bring a picture of what we would like our hair to look like.  I am thinking:
Is it too late for me to get hair extensions?  Ha!   

 I am beyond grateful to be here and to be dancing at my sons wedding!  This is the type of event I would visualize when I was going through chemo to help me stay positive and to remind me why I was fighting so hard.   I am so excited to make some wonderful memories with my family all together plus so many friends:  my first friend who walked to kindergarten with me, my high school inner sanctum, my college roommate, MY bridesmaids from 27 years ago, the moms from T's playgroup (we had our babies together...), my prayer group Glories, my neighbor who knows how loud I can yell and likes me anyway, the friends that survived T's high school years  with me,  the mom's that tailgated with us at all the ND football games during T's undergrad years, and the warriors that went into the cancer battle with me.  I am honored and humbled that they all are traveling the distance to be with us and to witness this important event, this sacred celebration, this sacrament that will be blessed by God.  
So next Saturday, on the Feast of the Assumption of  the Blessed Virgin Mary (this painting was our engagement gift to them)....if you need me, I will be on the dance floor.



2 comments:

  1. Amen Sister! Love from MOBktxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog. Beautiful wedding. ....and MOTG dress was absolutely stunning !!

    ReplyDelete