Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

Here Comes the Sun

The sun is beginning to shine again up here on the peninsula.  I think my friends and family have had me on 24 hour surveillance....  The sisters have been texting every few hours asking how I am doing...to which I honestly reply, "So far, so good."  



I downloaded this book on my I Pad.  After an hour of reading, I downloaded the audio version on my phone.  Friends, I could NOT put it down and I needed to get on with my day.


So, while I walked the beach with the dogs, I listened to this book.


While I hunted for rocks and beach glass, I listened.  While I cleaned the house, changed the beds, did the laundry, I listened. You get the idea....I listened to it all day.  And while it was a great distraction for me as I adjust to my new chapter of life, the book, in its own right, is fantastic.  It has it all:  suspense, romance, great characters....and it makes you think a little..but not too much.  After all, it  IS still summer.



This is my first book by Beatriz Williams, and I am definitely going to read her next one.  



I recently bought Mary Kay Andrews' latest, "Beach Town".  I have read every last one of her books and have loved every last one of her books.  I cannot wait to sink down into an adirondack and dive in. 


If you share my love of Mary Kay Andrews,  you should also try any of Dorothea Benton Franke's novels--they are all terrific.  Andriana Trigiani (another one of my fav's---and not just because she is a St Mary's grad) describes her as "...a great storyteller, a ray of sunshine, and a fabulous party guest.  If she were a cocktail, she'd be fizzy."  I want to meet her.



So while it is pretty quiet around here and I miss my (now) 5 kids, especially B, I am really enjoying the freedom, the peace and the extra reading time.  Happy days are here again!




No comments:

Post a Comment