Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Wedding Wonderful


 
This weekend my first born, T, married this beautiful girl.  T's mentor and friend, Father Bill, patiently rehearsed with the wedding party Friday night.  With seven bridesmaids and seven groomsmen, the term "herding cats" was thrown around quite a bit.  By the time the rehearsal was over, we were more than ready for the cocktail hour to commence.


As the MOG, the rehearsal dinner was my party.  I was blessed to have family and friends there for support.  These girls are better than any liquid courage out there.  Many thanks to Butterfield Country Club in Chicago -- the entire event went off without a hitch... at least until the toasting began...ha!





With a nod to Kansas, we served steak and my amazingly talented Goddaughter created these beautiful sunflower show stoppers.  
When the last glass was raised, I breathed a sigh of relief and sent up a prayer of thanksgiving.   MOG duties were done.


Saturday's Nuptial mass was beyond beautiful.  I was so grateful to be watching my boy get married....and trying really hard to keep it together and not mess up the makeup the team of experts had spent hours on earlier that morning.  I kept asking Big T if the fake eyelashes were surviving the salt water facial.  This photo was taken by our dear friend, Father Jeff.  Pretty brave of him to whip out his phone in the middle of the ceremony, considering he had the bishop up there on the altar with him.
S's parents hosted an amazing reception for this happy couple.  Can you even believe that this is my new daughter?   My boy is in good hands.  S makes it easy to focus on gaining a daughter and not losing a son.
Don't let that one on the far left fool you...my fun loving second son, M, took his best man duties very seriously.  We drove back to Kansas City together Sunday morning....I drove...he slept. 

 Does every mother wish she could freeze time?  


Here are the sisters--a hot happy mess at the end of the night.  Here's to T and S!!  We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment