Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Thank You

M and I headed up to ND this past weekend to bring B home for fall break.
We also did a little tailgating with family and friends and watched ND beat USC (always a good thing!)  But lest you think that all I do is eat, drink, and watch football on the weekends...
 My dear friend, Karen, and I went to "Saturdays with the Saints" on campus after setting up our tailgate.  We both loved it.  We both were inspired.  John Cavadini, who is one of the best theologians of our time (and I am not just saying that because he and his wife, Nancy, are friends), gave an inspiring lecture on The Confessions of St Augustine.  He talked, in a very engaging  and super cerebral way (requiring concentration of every brain cell I have left), of St Augustine's idea that the purpose of life is to give thanks to God.  
I have so very much to be thankful for....don't we all?



No comments:

Post a Comment