Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Peace in Every Step

When I was going through my cancer treatment, I could not let my mind ruminate on the reality of my life.  If I was alone, and was not praying, I had to be listening to a book to distract my thoughts. Driving to acupuncture, walking on the treadmill....if I thought too much, I would panic.
Even after I was cancer free, I still had trouble letting my mind rest.  I would worry about it coming back.  I knew one great lesson of cancer was learning to live in the moment.  A friend recommended this book.  It helped a ton.
Now I can walk without benefit of audio distraction.  I can be peaceful and let my mind rest in the moment.  I have learned to appreciate the sound of the waves, the sea gulls, the wind....
Friends, let me be clear:  I still listen to tons of audio books.  This is in my car right now...and it is awesome.  The difference is I no longer NEED to listen.  If you are in the middle of cancer hijacking your every thought, it will get better.  You will have peace of mind again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment