Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

The Long Letting Go

This past week B began saying good bye to summer....and I began the long letting go.
...the last beach walk, the last swim, the last instagram shot...

...the last ice cream on the last walk around the marina....
I was keeping it together as the zen woman I am (ha!), living in the moment, grateful for the time with my baby girl.  I know it is always brutal saying good bye, even when they are driving me crazy and I want my house back...but I have done this many times before. I am confident and prepared.
We drove down to ND, moved her in and organized her room, still keeping it together because, after all, I am a seasoned veteran at this by now.  I have a well-earned perspective.
And then there was the unanticipated, epic break down. I thought it would be easier this year.  I have survived a year of empty nest-hood and am actually liking it.  I was not expecting this nuclear meltdown.  While I was cursing time through a deluge of tears,  I realized that this is a process....a long letting go...
Thanks, Big T, for propping me up and hanging on tight, while I am a hot mess trying to let go....



No comments:

Post a Comment