Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Simple Seasonal Salads


It's summertime, and I would rather be walking the beach with these two, than working in the kitchen....so I am always looking for fast recipes that I can actually eat.  Friends, adding new foods into my post-treatment body can be frustrating and discouraging....but I am delighted to report that my diet is expanding and small salads are back on the scene.
Last night, Sister No5 ordered this beautiful plate at the Franklin Restaurant in Traverse City.  Even I can make this starter....Boston/Butter/Bibb lettuce with Green Goddess Dressing, candied walnuts, blueberries and cherries.  Up here in Northern Michigan, local cherries and blueberries are amazing this time of year....perfect chance to make this simple, yet elegant, salad.
Last week Sister No4 served this salad.  With tomatoes and peaches in season, now is a great time to  try this quick recipe....absolutely delish, totally unique, and everyone loved it.

 Two seasonal salads-- one simple idea: they are fresh, they are scrumptious, and most importantly, they are fast, so you won't have to miss a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment