Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Leland Loves


 The Leland River connects Lake Leelanau to Lake Michigan.  When you go over this bridge on M-22,  which crosses the Leland River, you have entered the village of Leland.  Friends, I love living in Leland.


Here is the Leland Mercantile, otherwise known as the Merc, where I buy my groceries... 



...and my wine.  Actually there are some great vineyards on the Peninsula, but that is another post for another day.  I love all the beautiful flower boxes that are everywhere in Leland.


The Harbor House sells all the necessities for fun on the water, including Moomers Ice
Cream.  If you have tasted Moomers, you will understand.


I love this little book shop.  It is so cozy.



I was serious about the flower boxes...




In Fishtown, which sits on the Leland River, you will find weathered fishing shanties dating back to the early 1900's that have been converted into the cutest shops.  


The Cheese Shop sells incredible sandwiches.  I love "the Lake Effect".



T has been known to bring "The Cheese" all the way to Chicago for his better half, S. 



The Tug is the unofficial symbol of Leland.  


You name it, we will put a tug on it.  We love our tug up here.



Leland Gal is my favorite shop in Fishtown.  Maggie Revel Mielczarek  designs the most gorgeous fabrics, all with a Leland theme.  You can check them out on line.


This is B's favorite shop. (Of course, there is a dam on the  other side of this building...)


This is Big T's favorite shop....the freshest white fish you will find.




I would like to go for a sail on this please....



...and then have a cocktail on this....



But I am more than happy to "settle" for a cocktail and dinner at "The Riv".  This fantastic restaurant, bar and inn sits right on the Leland River.


The Leland River empties into Leland Harbor.  If you look closely, you can see Sleeping Bear Dunes.  Come visit and see for yourself!






No comments:

Post a Comment