Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Bucket List Bridge

Some of my Leland friends and I have decided to take bridge lessons this summer.  Friends, learning to play bridge has been on my bucket list for quite awhile.  Everyone who has had chemo knows what it does to your brain...especially your memory.  I am banking on bridge helping.
This game is requiring every bit of my brain power.  Our teacher suggested that we practice outside of class (something about being behind the rest of the class?)....so we asked Kt's mom to help us at her cottage, Twin Oaks.  
She graciously agreed.  She told us that some bridge players just have fun....and some will call you in the middle of the night to ask why you played that card.  We, of course, fall into the first category, thank God.
After we were finished, we spent some time recovering on her beautiful porch.  Our brains were drained.
I am so blessed to have these beautiful ladies in my life.
Ladies that don't care if I bid wrong or played that card.  
Ladies that are willing to slow their lives down to sit and relax on the porch...
 ...and just enjoy the company and the view.



No comments:

Post a Comment