Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Step By Step

 B and I dragged our sorry selves out of bed Saturday morning to walk the Fishtown 5K.  Friends, every time I am able to do something like walk a 5K, I am so grateful for how my body has healed.
 Lots of Lelanders came out to run this race in support of our beloved Fishtown Historical Society on a beautiful Northern Michigan morning.  It was so fun to be a part of it.


In the interest of full disclosure:  every night before I do something like this, I panic.  I tell myself that it could be disastrous.  I girl without a rectum can have a lot of self doubt.  But I had friends  meeting me in the morning to walk, and so I tried to quiet those negative voices in my head.  

B and I met our friends at the coffee shop....and hit the road.  Once we all started chatting, I forgot all about the fact that I am different from all of them since I am missing an important body part.  



Before I knew it, we were finished and heading to breakfast (read: cinnamon twist).
We did not win, but we had a blast while supporting a great cause.  If you are going through treatment or in the early stages of healing from colorectal cancer, remember: it gets better.  You will have a beautiful, healthy life again with your "new-normal" body. I know it is hard, and I know it takes a long time...but hang in there.  Step by step, you can do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment