Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Real Strawberry Shortcake


We have enjoyed the very last strawberries of the season up here in Northern Michigan.  Friends, these are the real thing.  They are not those big Driscoll berries that have no taste...these are small and juicy and sweet.  
My family's favorite is strawberry shortcake.  Since I would rather be here, than in the kitchen, I have a really fast and easy recipe...and when you use real Michigan berries...it is amazing.  Trust me .
Start with this...follow the instructions on the box but add a couple tablespoons of white sugar.
These are super fast and seriously good... and I am a biscuit snob.

 Ah... the star of the show.  Clean and hull your berries.  Smash them.  (That is a technical term.)    White sugar is optional because these babies are super sweet naturally.
I know real whipped cream is better...but this is faster and my kids love it.


Who wants to be stuck in the kitchen when the kids are home?  This is a bowl of absolute deliciousness.   Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment