Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

C-Fighting Treats

Friends, I hope you had a Happy Halloween with lots of treats and no tricks.  Speaking of treats... lately I have had a lot of people ask me what to do when a friend has been diagnosed with cancer.   First of all, just do something.  It doesn't have to be perfect...the gesture is what counts. Here are some treat ideas: 
Treatment often dries out your lips, so.... this is my absolute favorite lip balm.
A small case to bring the necessaries to the infusion clinic-- my neighbor and dear friend gave me this when I was diagnosed.  Her thoughtfulness made me feel loved!  And it reminded me of happy days in London.
Chemo is rough on your mouth. ( Make sure  the candy has only real sugar.) 
In the chemo lab, sometimes you simply do not want to talk to anyone...you just want to escape with music, an audio book or video.
An easy reading book helps with the aforementioned escape too....and is perfect for resting which is so important to healing.  My BFF Wendy, who shipped me so many wonderful books during that time, recently told me about this great English author---love her.
As they say, your presence is the best present.  When I was going through treatment I treasured the time my friends and family took to be with me...and this sweet thing was always by my side...I think she knew....


No comments:

Post a Comment