Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Chicago Confirmation

Recently I was in Chicago for my handsome nephew's Confirmation.  This kid reminds me so much of my son T....talking to him is like going back in time....and witnessing his strong faith is an inspiration. I was honored to be his sponsor.
My first stop in Chi-town was Bistrot Zinc in  Gold Coast....fabulous French cuisine, excellent wine list and superb service.
Sister number 1, my nephew, C and I all left there fat and happy.
Sister number 1 is an avid needlepointer, so the next day we took a field trip....loved this shop.
That night I felt like I was in Germany instead of on the South Side for this deliciously authentic  homemade meal.  The apple strudel was amazing.
They had so many cool steins (and beers)...
I was inspired to order this for Big T....at least one Christmas gift checked off the list! 
The Confirmation was Sunday afternoon.  Sister number 2 threw a great party after the mass.  We sisters  love a celebration....and toasting my Godson on his Confirmation was definitely worth fighting for.



No comments:

Post a Comment