Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

My Favorite Things

Friends, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I may have overdone the feast a bit, and have struggled the entire holiday with my "new normal" body.  Every now and then, even though I am so very grateful to be alive, I will become really frustrated by what cancer did to my body.  I know I am not alone in this, and we all have our own ways of dealing with it.  


For me, I try to focus on why I fought so hard in the first place to stay alive:  my family. 

Just as I knit these baby blankets when I was going through treatment to remind myself of all the wonderful things my future would hold (read:  grandchildren), I try to bring my mind back to those happy thoughts when I start feeling overwhelmed by how cancer has changed my body and my life.
Wouldn't my future grand child look so cute sitting on this blanket for their baby  portrait?  (Please note that M, above, is not sitting on a blanket at all, and I didn't even realize it until the photo was framed and hung next to his brother and sister's that do have blankets. But I digress...)

No comments:

Post a Comment