Pages

Monday, November 14, 2016

It Is Time

Friends, Big T and I were excited to finally have a weekend at home in KC.  Sixties and sunny made for the perfect chance to get some gardening finished in anticipation of Thanksgiving festivities.  While we checked off the jobs on our list, I kept thinking about what I would be doing on Monday morning.
Today was my first day volunteering at the KU Cancer Center.  I kept wondering worrying about whether I would have an anxiety attack when I walked through the doors.  I chose a clinic where I did NOT do my treatment....and I think that made a big difference. I  absolutely loved it.  The patients and nurses were very grateful and the other volunteers were so welcoming.  
It is time for me to start giving back...to say thank you for letting me live.



No comments:

Post a Comment