Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Florida Friends, Food and Fun

I just returned home from a week in Seaside. Friends, you know that travel and eating out are difficult for me, but I am determined to keep practicing until I get better at it.  
Here is the Florida restaurant report:
great mojitos, grouper and friend green tomatoes
eat in or carry out
Cafe 30A -- pricey, but delicious
off the beaten path, but worth it
shrimp roll heaven

Bud and Alley's...have fun guessing the time the sun sets.
unique and delicious
We stopped at the bar in The Pearl...
...where I had the best Old Fashioned of my life (made with Traverse City Cherry Bourbon, of course.)
I love chocolate, so...
...can someone get me the recipe for their molten lava cake?




In the middle of our time, we headed over to Jacksonville, where we worked up quite an appetite watching the Midshipmen sink the Irish.
Best seafood of the week was at The Blue Fish in Riverside.
Across the street at Biscotti's, Big T wisely chose the bread pudding. 

Beach walks, sunsets, good friends....definitely worth fighting for.



No comments:

Post a Comment