Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

4 out of 5


This weekend Big T and I headed to Notre Dame for some meetings and to get a B update.  She seems to be doing great!  (Of course the tests haven't started yet.)  T and C came from Nashville and Chicago to tailgate with us before the big game.


Big T played left guard back in the day, so he missed the whole student tailgating experience.  Nevertheless, he has embraced it as an alum, come rain or shine. 



B brought a lot of friends to our tailgate...she has that part of college down.  Now, about the studying...


I was delighted to see T's old roommates on hand to depart some words of wisdom to our new freshman.


And I know B actually listens to her big brother's advice.  (mine? not so much...)
Although she assures me that when she is not in the library, she is at mass...

We had a great time watching an Irish victory.  I was so grateful to be able to tailgate all day, and stay for the night game.  I hope this gives those of you recovering from colo-rectal cancer hope.  It gets better!!
However,  I am sorry to report that saying goodbye to B was not much easier this time.  Luckily, we were heading to S's family's lake house on the way back North, so that gave me something to look forward to as we drove away.
I just love S's family.  They are always such gracious hosts.  They picked us up on their dock and  showed us all around their beautiful lake.  
S seems to be surviving married life so far.  Isn't she darling?

Look at their beautiful lake house.  I am coming to visit more often! 

 By the time Big T and I arrived back on the peninsula, I was counting my blessings.  The only thing that would have made the weekend better, is if M could have been there too.  But 4 out of 5 isn't bad....




No comments:

Post a Comment