Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Re-entry


Big T and I arrived back in KC late last night.  I had a ton of mail waiting and 86 voicemails on my land line. 


Weeds have taken over my gardens, and this is my only living pot.  The spiders have made themselves at home.  You know, the usual.


And to add to the excitement, we have had a little construction project going on this summer. 


Dust is an inch thick on every surface.  The alarm is making a continual intermittent (does that even make sense?) sound because when the windows were replaced, the wires were all cut.


This is what I walk through to get into my house.  The project started in the beginning of June and was suppose to be finished before I returned. Friends, they are not. even. close.   Nevertheless, I was really ok until I went to the grocery store and realized I only had to buy food for Big T and me.  I have no children left at home to feed.  I knew it was going to be difficult when I arrived back in our regular home and all the bedrooms would be empty....but re-entering my Kansas City world has never been so hard...in fact, the tiles may be coming off...


No comments:

Post a Comment