Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Invincible Summer


I was told I had cancer on April 15, 2013.  The next morning, Big T had this sign hanging on my bathroom mirror.  He was determined that I would stay positive throughout my battle.


My four sisters sent me this painting, done by a local artist in Leland.  They knew I would not be able to get up North that summer, so they sent me this to remind me of many good times to come.  I would imagine sitting on the beach with my sisters when I needed inspiration to keep fighting.


When my dear friend Mary came from Minnesota to visit during my first course of chemo, she gave this to me before she left.  She took this photo from my screened porch on the peninsula.


Before my first surgery, on December 12th, the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe, my dear friend Cindy's husband painted this for me. 
I will never be able to fully express my gratitude to all those who helped me survive.  But I figure I can honor them all by living a good, grateful, joyful life.  Time to get to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment