Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Melt My Heart


I spent this morning volunteering at Village Presbyterian Church.  This church serves our community so well.  Village has a special relationship with Operation Breakthrough.



Operation Breakthrough serves children and their families in the urban core.  To qualify for services here, you must make less than $15,000 per year.  One in four of the children are homeless.   


On Wednesday mornings, some of their preschoolers come to Village to receive one on one reading, craft and snack time with a volunteer. 


Each child picks a book that they get to keep.  My darling four year old chose Rumpelstiltskin.  She knew the whole story and we had a great time reading it together. When the morning was over, she asked me if I could go back to school with her...my heart melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment