Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Old Art Building


Tomorrow morning will be my last yoga class in the Old Art Building.  The season is over for me, so this weekend I am heading back down to Kansas City. Friends, I am not ready to leave my happy place.


The Old Art Building sits on the river in the village of Leland.  The community has been gathering to appreciate art, in all its many forms, here since 1922.  


I am going to miss this yoga that helps loosen my lingering pains from radiation.  And I am going to miss the community of Leland that supports this Old Art Building so well.  It is a special place.


Art Leelanau is one of many ways the area comes together in support of the arts. Every summer, local artists donate beautiful paintings and we residents buy those beautiful paintings while drinking wine and catching up with neighbors. Of course, I am always happy to whip out my checkbook for a good cause.  (I am just really philanthropic that way...ask Big T.) 


This year, when I saw this beautiful painting by David Westerfield of a freighter passing in front of South Manitou Island, I could not resist.  It is the view I have from my beach.



Have I mentioned that I am going to miss this place?  Does anyone ever want summer to end?


No comments:

Post a Comment